Actual MPG Numbers?

BillArnett

Lol.. I understand what you are saying. Asking for a friend... work with me here. Lol

I'm getting about 13 mpg. But I have a 2.5" lift and 37" tires which certainly makes it worse. The number on my window sticker is 18/20/23 city/combined/highway. Those numbers are usually a bit optimistic in my experience (probably because they entail much lower average speeds than I actually drive ).

One doesn't buy a Jeep for fuel-efficiency.

TrailHunter

I'm getting about 13 mpg. But I have a 2.5" lift and 37" tires which certainly makes it worse. The number on my window sticker is 18/20/23 city/combined/highway. Those numbers are usually a bit optimistic in my experience (probably because they entail much lower average speeds than I actually drive ).

One doesn't buy a Jeep for fuel-efficiency.

Edited my original post to “Stock”.. Understanding it’s generally lower than sticker... I was trying to figure out how low... My needs a new daily so I’m trying to work my angles here. No 37’s for her... lol thanks (If only they made Electric Jeeps [emoji848].... that was a joke, forget I said it. [emoji51])

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Hi, I mentioned a Grand Cherokee on your other thread. Honestly, if it feels like too much vehicle for her I don't know how you'll ever get her into a JL. FWIW, we drove around a 3.6 8 speed Grand Cherokee for the better part of a day and netted about 20 MPG.

TrailHunter

Hi, I mentioned a Grand Cherokee on your other thread. Honestly, if it feels like too much vehicle for her I don't know how you'll ever get her into a JL. FWIW, we drove around a 3.6 8 speed Grand Cherokee for the better part of a day and netted about 20 MPG.

I hear what your saying... and maybe she needs to sit in one again... but sitting in a wrangler vs the Cherokee, feels different. The Wrangler feels more open (not in a numbers aspect) & nimble. Wranglers are more fun.

Whhood

I drive a pretty even mix of city/highway and with 3800 miles so far I’ve averaged 20mpg. My current tank is at 19.9. I’m at sea level with a stock Sahara hard top with 8 spd.
I’m on the coast in Florida so the terrain is pretty flat as well.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

darrenroos

I drive a pretty even mix of city/highway and with 3800 miles so far I’ve averaged 20mpg. My current tank is at 19.9. I’m at sea level with a stock Sahara hard top with 8 spd.
I’m on the coast in Florida so the terrain is pretty flat as well.

That’s terrific! I can’t even get 20 with just highway driving. I wonder if the difference in tire tread and tire height can make that much of a difference between the Sarah and Rubicon.

JLJourney18

I've got a JLUR stock and averaged 20.3 on my last beach trip. I live in Louisiana and it's pretty flat here too but that's running 70-75 on the highway. I'll post a pic of it. I know it's all about smiles per gallon but I'm impressed I can get that mpg with 33s and 4.10s stock IMG_6071.jpg

darrenroos

I've got a JLUR stock and averaged 20.3 on my last beach trip. I live in Louisiana and it's pretty flat here too but that's running 70-75 on the highway. I'll post a pic of it. I know it's all about smiles per gallon but I'm impressed I can get that mpg with 33s and 4.10s stock View attachment 3108

That’s great! What is your historical 2K mileage average?

Last edited:

CalsJLUR

I've got a JLUR stock and averaged 20.3 on my last beach trip. I live in Louisiana and it's pretty flat here too but that's running 70-75 on the highway. I'll post a pic of it. I know it's all about smiles per gallon but I'm impressed I can get that mpg with 33s and 4.10s stock View attachment 3108

I am see the same kind of mileage out of my JLUR. 17.5 driving around the city and 19.8 to 20.3 on the highway (depending on the head wind, which has been killer the last few days). It is all relative as I am more concerned with SPG!

RMC2

I’m in the 17s no matter what I try on my JLUR.

Now a Sahara with lighter weight tires and better highway gears, plus lighter weight, will do better.