Thoughts on the 2” mopar lift ?

JeepJL

I gotcha, springs and shocks are subjective. Just curious, running that long of a shock, did you outboard your front shocks? With the shock body next to the frame and all. Would hate to see a nice shock get a bent shaft.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Nope, I centered my axle with an adjustable Trackbar? It’s not close to hitting at full flex. The pins are offset to help.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JeepJL

Didn't know they were offset. I will give mopar and fox a thumbs up for doing that with their 2.5 front shocks.

You know the mopar kit isn’t all that bad considering the shocks you get and people want something they can finance in and have installed under warranty that “looks” cool. If you install longer control arms and a raise rear Trackbar bracket and want to run some 35’s or 37’s and look cool it’s a decent setup. But buy the time you upgrade those items you might as well buy a kit more complete. The mopar kit puts the caster at 3.8-4.2ish and for 3” and 37s it’s kinda a flighty ride. I have my 3.5” lift which is only about a 1/4” higher then the mopar “2inch” kit at 6.0 degrees caster and it’s a world of difference on street manners. But I also have both front and rear axles centered and a rear raised Trackbar bracket which helps tremendously. The mopar kit drives like the rear is leaving the front. It’s not a great feeling. I do like the tuning of the fox shocks on that kit though.
IMG_2757.jpg

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
You know the mopar kit isn’t all that bad considering the shocks you get and people want something they can finance in and have installed under warranty that “looks” cool. If you install longer control arms and a raise rear Trackbar bracket and want to run some 35’s or 37’s and look cool it’s a decent setup. But buy the time you upgrade those items you might as well buy a kit more complete. The mopar kit puts the caster at 3.8-4.2ish and for 3” and 37s it’s kinda a flighty ride. I have my 3.5” lift which is only about a 1/4” higher then the mopar “2inch” kit at 6.0 degrees caster and it’s a world of difference on street manners. But I also have both front and rear axles centered and a rear raised Trackbar bracket which helps tremendously. The mopar kit drives like the rear is leaving the front. It’s not a great feeling. I do like the tuning of the fox shocks on that kit though.
View attachment 7760

I figured the caster was bad, but not that bad even with the "longer control arms" . I figured this kit would be good for crushing curbs at barnes and noble and Starbucks, but I don't even think the on road manners would be decent. Thanks for the honest input on this kit.

So 2 guys have spent 3 pages slamming the odds & ends of the mopar kit. One doesn’t even own a Jeep. Meanwhile other members are report 14000 miles on it and love it. I’m going with the real report.

JeepJL

So 2 guys have spent 3 pages slamming the odds & ends of the mopar kit. One doesn’t even own a Jeep. Meanwhile other members are report 14000 miles on it and love it. I’m going with the real report.

Who’s slamming it? I’ve installed a ton of these lifts at the dealership. It’s a great lift with a few minor tweaks. My point is once you spend that amount you can find other kits that are more complete. Drive a mopar lift out of the box, then drive a jeep with a lift that someone knows how to properly set it up and it’s a night and day difference. All it needs is a bit more caster and a raised Trackbar bracket in the rear and it completely changes the road manners.

offcamber

But you’re running it like that? Considering how many folks jumped on this lift I’d have expected to hear about some fiery deaths by now....

No, I undid the line from the frame mount so they had plenty of room. Once you do that they never reach that point and aren't going to stretch beyond their length.

JeepJL

No, I undid the line from the frame mount so they had plenty of room. Once you do that they never reach that point and aren't going to stretch beyond their length.

I used a die grinder and carefully cut a slot in the bracket. Then I bent it back and removed the rubber brake line from the bracket so it wasn’t just loose and hitting things. Just gotta go slow and take your time not to hit the brake line.

Lmao. Sorry I don't have my jeep. Blame the factory for making it. I take it you have this kit, you'll be fine on your Starbucks runs.

Nope, I’m stock & I hate Starbucks. Just saying that you’re out here complaining about something you don’t own while people that have it (and have wheeled it) love it. I’d hate for someone to skim the thread & think you’re experienced.

olram30

Nope, I’m stock & I hate Starbucks. Just saying that you’re out here complaining about something you don’t own while people that have it (and have wheeled it) love it. I’d hate for someone to skim the thread & think you’re experienced.
I have a little experience with jeeps, here's my last jeep. I did everything myself. I'm not sure if I qualify to your standards on jeep experience? Enjoy your bowed springs I guess. 20150927_112052.jpeg

I have a little experience with jeeps, here's my last jeep. I did everything myself. I'm not sure if I qualify to your standards on jeep experience? Enjoy your bowed springs I guess. View attachment 7778

Sweet JK. I had one too. Doesn’t change that the OP was
What are your thoughts on the mopar lift. Made by the people who designed the Jeep. Fox shocks. How would you compare it to let’s say a metalcloak lift.

And you have neither a JL or any experience with the Mopar lift. Since you whipped it out, slammed it on the table for all to see, & professed your mathematical wisdom: how many rear tires did you go through rubbing on your fenders?

olram30

Sweet JK. I had one too. Doesn’t change that the OP was

And you have neither a JL or any experience with the Mopar lift. Since you whipped it out, slammed it on the table for all to see, & professed your mathematical wisdom: how many rear tires did you go through rubbing on your fenders?
Tires rubbing? Those were mce fenders. I'll make you a deal? I'll let finish what thule roof rack you need to buy so you can strap your canoe to the top of your jeep and I'll give my opinion on any lift kit that I see problems with. The jk and jl are the same shit suspension wise.

Tires rubbing? Those were mce fenders. I'll make you a deal? I'll let finish what thule roof rack you need to buy so you can strap your canoe to the top of your jeep and I'll give my opinion on any lift kit that I see problems with. The jk and jl are the same shit suspension wise.

Sorry, but I love you we’re so pissed you looked me & my Jeep up. If someone asks “hey anyone got advice on putting a canoe on a Jeep?” at least I can speak with some experience... I have a Jeep & put a canoe on it.

olram30

Sorry, but I love you we’re so pissed you looked me & my Jeep up. If someone asks “hey anyone got advice on putting a canoe on a Jeep?” at least I can speak with some experience... I have a Jeep & put a canoe on it.
I'm far from pissed. I can assure you. And I promise, if anyone is looking for actual experience on canoe securment on a jeep I'll send them your way.

offcamber

I have a little experience with jeeps, here's my last jeep. I did everything myself. I'm not sure if I qualify to your standards on jeep experience? Enjoy your bowed springs I guess. View attachment 7778

Bowed springs? The springs aren't bowed, it was the spring perches that were the problem in the Mopar kit. If you use the $30 RockKrawler spring perches, there is no problem. My springs are perfectly straight, and ANY lift that doesn't replace the stock perches with something else is going to cause bowed springs, not just the Mopar kit.

37987996_10217234951846330_4387950975726387200_o-XL.jpg