Sunrider listed on sticker...

lithics

Likely a newb question...

TLDR: '21 JLUR - Sunrider is standard, 3-piece top is optional - I only received the 3-piece, should I have received Sunrider also?

I just noticed my '21 JLUR window sticker has "Black Sunrider® Soft Top" listed under Standard Equipment, but later lists "3-Piece Hard Top...No Soft Top" under Optional Equipment. Having paid $1500 extra for freedom panels, which is effectively what they cost from Mopar, why would I not have also received the Sunrider that is included in the base vehicle price? I see "No Soft Top", but I paid for it in the base price, it's standard - why would paying the additional (full) cost for panels negate what I've already paid for in the base? Tell me what I'm missing folks...

JTCO

Meme King
Likely a newb question...

TLDR: '21 JLUR - Sunrider is standard, 3-piece top is optional - I only received the 3-piece, should I have received Sunrider also?

I just noticed my '21 JLUR window sticker has "Black Sunrider® Soft Top" listed under Standard Equipment, but later lists "3-Piece Hard Top...No Soft Top" under Optional Equipment. Having paid $1500 extra for freedom panels, which is effectively what they cost from Mopar, why would I not have also received the Sunrider that is included in the base vehicle price? I see "No Soft Top", but I paid for it in the base price, it's standard - why would paying the additional (full) cost for panels negate what I've already paid for in the base? Tell me what I'm missing folks...
If you don't mind, post a picture of the window sticker showing the EXTRA 1500 for freedom panels. Because I don't see how you could get a Jeep built with a hardtop and not get the freedom panels with it.

With that being said, here's a picture of my window sticker and it says that standard features are not standard if optional features are exchanged for the standard ones:
DSC09628.JPG

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
I think I made a mistake. Is the 'sunrider' that you're referring to just the front part that is soft that goes with the hardtop? I was thinking the entire soft top was branded as 'sunrider.' If it's just the front part and it's cloth and you paid 1500 extra, sounds like that should have been included.

lithics

I thought that the sunrider was optional not standard

There is a full soft top Jeep calls a Sunrider, but since the term has a ® next to it on my sticker and that's how Bestop displays it on their website, I assumed it was the Bestop version to just go in place of the freedom panels. If Jeep has the term Sunrider registered, I can't imagine Bestop would be using it on their website, but I could be wrong. I looked on the Mopar site and Sunrider is not displayed with the ® mark next to it, only on the Bestop site. Confusing.

lithics

I think I made a mistake. Is the 'sunrider' that you're referring to just the front part that is soft that goes with the hardtop? I was thinking the entire soft top was branded as 'sunrider.' If it's just the front part and it's cloth and you paid 1500 extra, sounds like that should have been included.

For all of my reading the sticker over and over, I never noticed the "unless replaced by..." until you pointed it out. 🤦‍♂️ Still, as mentioned above to Dale, my sticker shows "Sunrider®..." with the registered mark - which is not shown that way on the Mopar site, but is that way on the Bestop site...and it is the Bestop version I had in mind as referenced in your comment, the front part that goes with the hard top. Will be contacting the dealership this week to get clarification.

lithics

Think I just found my answer. Both "Sunrider" and "Sunrider For Hardtop" are registered trademarks of Bestop, reg numbers 2922372 and 5210514 respectively. I'm inferring from these terms, and Bestop's website usage, that "Sunrider" refers to the complete soft top with front opening section, while "Sunrider For Hardtop" is only the smaller soft section that replaces the freedom panels. Had my sticker said "Sunrider For Hardtop", I'd still reach out to my dealership, but since it only says "Sunrider" and later "No Soft Top", I'm going to assume this means the optional $1500 I paid is the cost difference between full soft and upgraded 3-piece hardtop. I'm 500% happy either way, just had to work through the curiosity.
0||||||||0