Installing off road bumpers is very important.

Jappy

Installing off road bumpers according to my brother, is critical, especially if you off-road frequently. Protection and recuperation are the two most important reasons. He said that real off-roading isn't the same as everyday driving, so make safety a priority.

Last edited by a moderator:

JTCO

Meme King
Installing off road bumpers, according to my brother, is critical, especially if you off-road frequently. Protection and recuperation are the two most important reasons. He said that real off-roading isn't the same as everyday driving, so make safety a priority.
Cool story bro.

If you have the Rubicon steel front bumper, (I do not) this is as good as a 'after market' steel bumper.
I removed my rear bumper the week I bought my JLUR. I do not need it, it will cause body damage when it slams rocks. Plus where F/C in it's infinite wisdom thought putting the license plate on the rear bumper was a good idea...:mad::rolleyes: The body won't get touched with rear bumper gone unless however you back into something. The stinger prevents spare tire from getting hit and damaging door. IMO it's all you need unless you are putting on a hinged spare tire holder which uses a bumper. Rubicon has steel hook in the back for recovery, and I welded another steel ring on the right side of the rear frame for another recovery point. I also welded rings onto the side of my steel aftermarket front bumper for additional 'jack' points. Besides bumpers, a proper winch and good recovery gear are a must. Don't leave home without it.

Jeeeep

Installing off road bumpers according to my brother, is critical, especially if you off-road frequently. Protection and recuperation are the two most important reasons. He said that real off-roading isn't the same as everyday driving, so make safety a priority.
been running the stock rear bumper on my 2010 JKU and use the stock recovery points, no issues, front I have aftermarket for looks but honestly I could've kept the stock bumper and used the stock recovery points.
I try really hard not to slam into things...it's not a bumper car and who needs all that extra weight.

my 2018 JKU has stock plastic bumpers; would've like the steel for looks, but they've survived a couple of trips to Moab so I'll keep them until they get mangled