Just For Fun Jeep Gladiator and Old School F100 Comparison

Sea Serpent

The dealership gave me this loaner Gladiator while they replace my 2019 JLRU's hard top and steering box. Of course this is not a modern vs modern comparison but it might be interesting to some.
Wheel bases look pretty close and overall lengths are as well. My old 1976 F100 has waaaaay more room in the bed in both length and width.
Before you start wondering I'll let you know that the F100 is not quite stock under the hood. It's powered by a 428 FE that'll put a smile on your face in a skinny second. Bottom line is it's a sleeper except the exhaust sound gives you a clue it's no slouch.
Tried to spin the tires in the gladiator and it's not easy to brake them loose. Never really tried to in the Rubicon. F100, well it's so light in the rear it's hard not to spin tires.
Amazingly this gladiator even with a soft top is not noisy like I thought it would be. Slightly more noise than my hard top equipped Rubicon. You have to raise your voice to talk to each other in the 76 lol.
Ok so one more thing I feel all modern trucks should have the option for. A front bench seat option. It's a lot more fun to be able to cram 3 grown men in the seat of truck like my F100 and have someone ride b.... well you know lol.

Anyway, thats my short and sweet comparison just for fun.

Attachments

• 0115211025a.jpg
    0115211025a.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 35

JTCO

Meme King
Tried to spin the tires in the gladiator and it's not easy to brake them loose. Never really tried to in the Rubicon.

I catch myself spinning 35 inch tires on my Gladiator all the time. Granted it's got 4.11s in it. I'm guessing your rental doesn't have the max tow with lower gears.

Amazingly this gladiator even with a soft top is not noisy like I thought it would be. Slightly more noise than my hard top equipped Rubicon.

The Gladiator JT soft top is really quiet. We had a soft top on our JKU too. We regularly drive from Colorado to Kansas and it's always windy. We've taken the JKU and the Gladiator multiple times. WAY quieter in the Gladiator. Not sure why but it certainly is.

Sea Serpent

I catch myself spinning 35 inch tires on my Gladiator all the time. Granted it's got 4.11s in it. I'm guessing your rental doesn't have the max tow with lower gears.

The Gladiator JT soft top is really quiet. We had a soft top on our JKU too. We regularly drive from Colorado to Kansas and it's always windy. We've taken the JKU and the Gladiator multiple times. WAY quieter in the Gladiator. Not sure why but it certainly is.

Not sure what the gear ratio is but its definitely not the lower gearing setup. I'll have to actually try and spin the tires on my JLRU when I get it back lol.