JL JOURNAL : DYNATRAC EnduroSport JL Wrangler 2" Lift Kit TEST & REVIEW

Onlyone

Damn. I already have the Fox shocks. But hopefully I’ll win and I will make a pledge right now, to give the shocks to another member of the forum! If not, maybe I can just buy the coils. :thumb: Thanks Eddie for the review and the fun!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn. I already have the Fox shocks. But hopefully I’ll win and I will make a pledge right now, to give the shocks to another member of the forum! If not, maybe I can just buy the coils. :thumb: Thanks Eddie for the review and the fun!

LOL!! Well, if you do win the giveaway, I think you're going to want to install the shocks that come with the kit as they were developed in conjunction with the coils. :yup:

Looks pretty nice!

Yup, it really is. :yup:

How do you feel this lift compares to the Mopar 2" lift kit?

Ride comfort is 100% subjective but for me personally, this is a better lift. Also, there is no spring bow.

Four Flusher

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, what would you say was the determining factor in buying this kit?

Good question, this morning I started getting antsy about being 60 days from a two week trip to Colorado and Moab. I think I'd be fine running my intended trails stock but I really want to run 315's and a small lift. So, I'd ruled out the Mopar lift as being a bit tail. I was online this morning reading the Rancho info you put up and I was about to pull the trigger when the the Dynatrac lift info showed up. Basically your video made their lift look like it would be perfect for me. I called Dynatrac and after talking to Eric at length, I was double sold.

Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good question, this morning I started getting antsy about being 60 days from a two week trip to Colorado and Moab. I think I'd be fine running my intended trails stock but I really want to run 315's and a small lift. So, I'd ruled out the Mopar lift as being a bit tail. I was online this morning reading the Rancho info you put up and I was about to pull the trigger when the the Dynatrac lift info showed up. Basically your video made their lift look like it would be perfect for me. I called Dynatrac and after talking to Eric at length, I was double sold.

Thanks

Awesome, thank you for sharing that with me. I think you're gonna love this kit.

Dynatrac

Supporting Advertiser
Supporter
Do you think Dynatrac is looking to make a slightly more advanced lift as well, or are they looking to only stay in the entry level market?

Not at this time. Our focus was to create the top performing suspension system to enable extraordinary ride comfort and off road capability for 35 to 37 inch tires on new JL Sport, Sahara and Rubicon models.

NFRs2000NYC

Question for Eddie/Dynatrac, I know these coils were meant to be used with the provided shocks, and you guys tuned everything to work together. One of the things I've noticed that I've been doing lately on my wheeling trips out west, was moving at a fairly quick pace over washboard roads for long periods, like 20 miles of them (wyoming.) To protect myself from overheating, I was planning on going with a remote reservoir shock for my JL, do you guys thing your system would be compromised changing out say your fox shocks with remote reservoir fox shocks (or Icon, King, etc?) I guess another question would be, do you think the shocks that come with the kit can withstand running washboard roads for extended periods without overheating?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Question for Eddie/Dynatrac, I know these coils were meant to be used with the provided shocks, and you guys tuned everything to work together. One of the things I've noticed that I've been doing lately on my wheeling trips out west, was moving at a fairly quick pace over washboard roads for long periods, like 20 miles of them (wyoming.) To protect myself from overheating, I was planning on going with a remote reservoir shock for my JL, do you guys thing your system would be compromised changing out say your fox shocks with remote reservoir fox shocks (or Icon, King, etc?) I guess another question would be, do you think the shocks that come with the kit can withstand running washboard roads for extended periods without overheating?

During the testing we were doing in near triple digit heat in the Mojave Desert, we easily covered at least 20 miles of continuous driving over rough roads, washboards and ruts and without any shock fade. I can't speak for Dynatrac but I wouldn't have any doubts that it could do way more than that and without any issues.

NFRs2000NYC

Well that's great to hear, sounds like my lift situation will be cheaper than I expected. Do you think lower CAs and an adjustable track bar to put things back to OEM geometry wouldn't be the worst idea?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well that's great to hear, sounds like my lift situation will be cheaper than I expected. Do you think lower CAs and an adjustable track bar to put things back to OEM geometry wouldn't be the worst idea?

They are totally necessary with this kit. If anything, I've not been a fan of adjustable track bars for a while now being that over the last 10+ years, I have seen and/or personally run so many that squeaked, bent or broke. It is the reason why I went back to and still run a factory track bar on Moby. As far as lower control arms go, they will not correct your suspension geometry but they will allow you to add a bit more positive caster. I found this not to be necessary with this lift but then, that's just me.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

20 miles on dirt isn’t that much out west.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

20 miles on dirt isn’t that much out west.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Oh Im sure, but going 35-45mph on washboards for 20 miles will give a shock a good workout, I just wanted to be sure a non-remote reservoir shock can take that sort of punishment without overheating. I did it with my Rancho 9000s in wyoming, and they seemed to have held up, but I figured with the JL I'll be running 37s (running 35s on my JKUR now) and the heavier 37s will be a harder load for the shock to handle.