37'' spare tire

Samjeep13

Hi guys. First time here and new to Jeeps. Yesterday I installed a nice set of 37s for the first time and my spare won't fit on the back. I did a lot of research and couldn't find anything for the JL except this bracket on extreme terrain. Would this do the job and resolve my issue to have my 37 spare on the tailgate?Screenshot_20220325-112509_Chrome.jpg

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
Welcome to JLWRANGLER

That will make a 37" tire fit, but the problem could be that it will add a lot more weight to your tailgate. This may cause damage to your tailgate.
What you want is a tailgate reinforcement carrier. check out this by rusty's or there is other options out there EVO, or even the mopar kit.
Hope this helps you out.
RUSTY'S TIRE CARRIER.jpg

HellaYella

There are a couple of options for you, check out the secondary market. Scott is absolutely correct, with 37's you will need to get some type of carrier reinforcement, MOPAR is pretty proud of theirs......even with the Jeep Wave discount the cost is over $600 USD. Another question, since I too was considering 37's, what gear ratios is your Jeep equipped with? If you do not have the 4.56 gearing, have you considered re-gearing?

Based on the cost/benefit, I opted to stay with 35x12.5xR17 for my Rubicon.

I can actually vouch for Rusty's Offroad. I've been using their stuff for decades and it is the best engineered stuff I've found - as well as the beefiest. No kidding, Rusty's stuff is seriously over-engineered to the point I think the dude is German! LOL

Do yourself a favor and check out their steering components!